- Two 1-pound hanger steaks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Two 5-ounce bags baby spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 pound Gorgonzola cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the steaks and cook over moderately high heat until well-browned and crusty, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the spinach one handful at a time and cook over moderately high heat, stirring and scraping up any browned bits, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Transfer the spinach to plates.
- Add the cream to the skillet along with any accumulated meat juices and bring to a simmer over moderately low heat. Whisk in the Gorgonzola cheese and simmer gently until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice the steaks across the grain and arrange on the plates with the spinach. Spoon the Gorgonzola sauce on the steaks and spinach and serve immediately.
Contributed By Rachel Soszynski Photo Published