Grilled Tuna with Fresh Herbs and Sesame Seeds
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Winemaker Stéphane Vivier marinates lean tuna steaks in sesame seeds (a great source of phosphorus, which is a mineral essential for strong bones) and any number of fresh herbs, including lavender and marjoram.
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- Four 6-ounce tuna steaks, about inch thick
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix the chives with the basil and thyme. Rub the tuna steaks with olive oil, then coat with the 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Press the herbs onto both sides of the steaks. Sprinkle both sides with the sesame seeds. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the tuna steaks over high heat, turning once, until charred on the outside and medium-rare within, about 4 minutes. Cut into thick slices and serve, passing more soy sauce at the table.