Marbled Black-and-White Truffles
- SERVINGS: Makes about 3 dozen
- 7 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 8 equal pieces
- 4 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 pound bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- White sprinkles, for topping
- Melt the white chocolate in a glass bowl in a microwave oven. Stir in 6 pieces of the butter until melted, then stir in 2 1/2 tablespoons of the heavy cream. Scrape the white chocolate ganache into a clean bowl and let cool.
- Put one-fourth of the bittersweet chocolate in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining butter and heavy cream with the corn syrup and bring to a boil. Pour the cream over the chocolate and let stand for 2 minutes, then whisk until smooth. Let the ganache cool to room temperature.
- Swirl the two ganaches with a knife and refrigerate until firm. Scoop scant teaspoons of the ganache onto a baking sheet and chill for 15 minutes. Roll each truffle into a ball and chill until firm.
- Melt two-thirds of the remaining bittersweet chocolate in a microwave oven. Scrape the chocolate into a clean bowl and stir in the remaining chopped chocolate until smooth. Using a fork, dip the truffles into the melted chocolate to coat and set them on the baking sheet. Top with sprinkles and refrigerate until firm or for up to 1 week.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.