- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
Intrigued by the idea of using tamarind in a drink, Berry tinkered with ingredients for over five years before settling on this concoction. It's primarily a hot-weather cocktail, but the allspice dram makes it a good choice for fall and winter, too.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 2 ounces aged rum, preferably Jamaican
- 1/2 ounce crème de banane
- 1/4 ounce St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram (allspice liqueur)
- 3 ounces chilled tamarind nectar
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon wheel, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the garnish and shake well. Pour (don't strain) into a chilled highball glass and garnish with the lemon wheel.