Maple-Soy Snack Mix
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 27 cups
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 3 cups Asian rice cracker mix (7 ounces)
- 3 cups pretzel nuggets or mini pretzels (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grade B pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 pounds roasted mixed salted nuts, such as almonds, cashews, pistachios and peanuts (6 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 cups sesame sticks (8 ounces)
- 12 cups Rice Chex cereal (12 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste or sambal oelek
- Preheat the oven to 275°. In a large bowl, combine the cereal with the nuts, rice cracker mix, sesame sticks and pretzels.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter, maple syrup, soy sauce and curry paste and bring to a simmer, whisking to dissolve the curry paste. Pour the mixture over the snack mix and toss to coat completely. Season generously with salt and pepper and spread on 3 large rimmed baking sheets. Bake for 35 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times and shifting the sheets, until nearly dry and toasted. Let cool completely, stirring occasionally. Serve in bowls.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.