- SERVINGS: 4-6
In tribute to the start of Vermont's maple syrup season, here's a Maple-Pear Pancake that serves four to six from Grace Parisi of F&W's test kitchen.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 peeled, sliced pears
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Mix 1 cup milk, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons melted butter. In a bowl, sift 1 cup flour with 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in the milk mixture; let stand 10 minutes.
- In a nonreactive ovenproof skillet, cook 2 peeled sliced pears in 1 tablespoon butter and 1/4 cup maple syrup over high heat until caramelized. Remove from the heat and add 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 1/4 cup more syrup.
- Pour batter over pears and bake at 350° fro 12 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Invert pancake onto a platter and serve with maple syrup.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.