- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup rolled barley flakes
- 1/2 cup rolled Kamut flakes
- 1/2 cup rolled spelt flakes
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mixed dried fruit (about 5 ounces)
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly coat a 13-by-9-inch roasting pan with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil, vanilla, orange zest and cinnamon. Stir in the oats, barley, Kamut, spelt and almonds. Spread the granola in an even layer in the prepared pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until toasted and golden. Let cool; stir in the sunflower seeds and dried fruit.
The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 1 month.
One Serving Calories 346 kcal, Total Fat 11 gm, Saturated Fat 1 gm.
Fresh fruit and skim milk or nonfat yogurt.