- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups unsalted roasted peanuts (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 thick slices of bacon (3 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 325°. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain, then finely chop.
- In a medium bowl, mix the thyme, salt, Old Bay, cayenne and dry mustard. Add the peanuts, maple syrup and bacon and toss until the peanuts are evenly coated. Scrape the nuts onto a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, stirring once, until the maple syrup has thickened. Let the peanuts cool completely, stirring frequently to break up any large clumps. Transfer the peanuts to glass jars or a large bowl and serve.
The peanuts can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.