© Con Poulos
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
These deeply flavorful carrots are cooked in chicken stock until tender, then simmered with maple syrup so they're well glazed; a little butter finishes the dish.
Slideshow: More Carrot Recipes
- 1 1/2 pounds trimmed baby carrots, preferably heirloom
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- In a deep skillet, combine the carrots and chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderate heat until the stock is reduced to 2/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Add the maple syrup and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is sticky and the carrots are tender and well-coated, 7 to 8 minutes. Stir in the anchovy until dissolved. Remove the skillet from the heat and whisk in the butter one cube at a time. Stir in the dill and season with salt.