- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground pecans
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
How to make this recipe
- Make the Muffins Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 6-cup muffin pan. Set aside.
- Make the Muffins Whisk together the flours, ground pecans, shredded coconut, baking powder and salt.
- Make the Muffins In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, granulated sugar, egg, yogurt and vanilla. Whisk together until fully combined. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and gently mix until fully incorporated.
- Make the Coconut Pecan Topping Combine the shredded coconut, pecans, maple syrup and sea salt in a small bowl. With your hands, lightly rub the the ingredients together together until the pecans and coconut are evenly coated.
- Make the Coconut Pecan Topping Spoon the batter into the paper cups, and then add a generous amount of the coconut topping to the tops of each muffin. Bake for 20 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean and the topping is a light golden brown. Let the muffins cool briefly in the pan and place them on a wire rack to cool.