© Fredrika Stjärne
Maple-Bourbon Banana Pudding Cake
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 6
While this delicious, simple cake bakes, a sweet, rich sauce forms in the bottom of the dish.
Slideshows: More Cake Recipes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 overripe banana, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a deep, 2-quart baking or soufflé dish, melt the butter in the microwave. Whisk in the superfine sugar and banana, mashing until thoroughly combined. Whisk in the egg and milk.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt; whisk into the baking dish until combined (the batter will be pretty loose).
- In a microwave-safe cup, heat the maple syrup, light brown sugar and 1/2 cup of hot water at high power until hot, 1 minute. Add the bourbon. Drizzle the syrup mixture over the batter; it will seep to the bottom. Do not stir. Scatter the pecans on top.
- Set the dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, until the cake is golden. Let cool for 5 minutes, then scoop into bowls and serve with ice cream.