© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Maple Bacon-Roasted Acorn Squash
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
Make this acorn squash a meal. With sweet maple syrup and flavored with crisp bacon, it's hard to not eat the whole thing by yourself.
Slideshow: Thanksgiving Squash Recipes
- 3 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium acorn squash (about 2 pounds), cut into quarters and seeded
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon pieces until lightly crisped. Remove bacon from the skillet, drain on a paper towels and set aside.
- Take skillet off of the heat, and stir the maple syrup and salt into the bacon juices. Coat the acorn squash pieces with the maple syrup mixture. Place the acorn squash on the prepared pan.
- Roast for 30 minutes, and then turn the squash over, brush with juices from the pan and mix the bacon pieces with the acorn squash. Continue roasting for 10 minutes or until tender.