- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 1/2 pint chilled heavy cream
- 3/4 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 1 liter chilled cherry soda
- 12 fresh cherries
- Scoop the ice cream into a food processor. With the machine on, add the bourbon and process just until blended. Pour the ice cream into a large, shallow plastic container, cover and freeze until firm enough to scoop, about 30 minutes.
- Whip the cream with the vermouth, sugar and bitters until firm. Refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, fill 4 pint glasses two-thirds full with cherry soda. Divide the ice cream between them and top each glass with a dollop of the whipped cream. Garnish each drink with 3 cherries.
Contributed By Gabriel Frasca Photo Published