- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium shallot, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and julienned
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced chives
- 4 large leaves of butter lettuce
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lime juice, honey, jalapeño, shallot and olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently combine the crabmeat, mango, avocado, chives and the vinaigrette. Divide salad equally between lettuce leaves. Drizzle with any additional vinaigrette.
The vinaigrette can be made up to three days ahead and refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.