© John Kernick
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
At the Casa Noble estate, bartender David Yan created this margarita to showcase the property's own tequila. He coats the rim of the glass with citrusy Tajin-brand chile powder, but any powdered chile will give the drink a fun kick.
- 1 cup ice
- 1 lime wedge
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- 1 small mango—peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped (3 ounces)
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chile powder, such as Tajin (see Note)
- 2 ounces orange liqueur
- 1 1/2 ounces agave nectar
- 3 ounces grapefruit soda
- Spread the chile powder in a dish. Moisten the rim of a margarita glass with the lime wedge; dip the rim in the chile powder to coat. In a blender, puree the mango. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into the glass and serve.
Notes Tajin chile powder gets its tang from dehydrated lemon juice. It is available at Latin markets and online at mifiesta.com.