- 1 small mango, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small shallot, quartered
- 2 tablespoons prepared jerk sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Four 1/3 -inch-thick 7-ounce slices of sushi-quality tuna
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mango Couscous
How to make this recipe
- In a food processor, combine the mango, shallot, jerk sauce, lime juice and honey. Process until smooth and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the tuna and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Remove the tuna from the marinade, season with salt and pepper and grill on a lightly oiled rack or broiler pan for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side, for very rare, or slightly longer for medium. Serve with the Mango Couscous.
One Serving Calories 339 kcal, Total Fat 9.8 gm, Saturated Fat 2.5 gm.
With the meaty tuna, try a round, fat-textured, fruity California Chardonnay.