Mango-Jerk Tuna with Couscous
- SERVINGS: 4
Pureed in a marinade, mango gives the fish a lush, sweet flavor. The jerk sauce is available at specialty food stores.
- 1 small mango, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 small shallot, quartered
- 2 tablespoons prepared jerk sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Four 1/3 -inch-thick 7-ounce slices of sushi-quality tuna
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Mango Couscous
- In a food processor, combine the mango, shallot, jerk sauce, lime juice and honey. Process until smooth and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the tuna and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Preheat the grill or broiler. Remove the tuna from the marinade, season with salt and pepper and grill on a lightly oiled rack or broiler pan for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side, for very rare, or slightly longer for medium. Serve with the Mango Couscous.
With the meaty tuna, try a round, fat-textured, fruity California Chardonnay.