- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, hard stems removed
- About 1 cup basil leaves, plus handful for garnish
- Handful mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ripe sweet mango, peeled and pitted
- 3 lemongrass stalks, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- One 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4 small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or to taste
- Squeeze of honey
- Generous squeeze of lime juice
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 large daikon radish, thinly julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly julienned
- 1 to 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, seeded and thinly julienned
- 1/2 cauliflower head, chopped into small, bite-size florets
How to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 375°. Toss the pumpkin seeds with olive oil and salt and spread on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Toast for 10 minutes until puffed up and golden.
Add half of the toasted pumpkin seeds into a food processor along with the cilantro, basil, mint and garlic. Process until well combined and leave in the food processor.
Meanwhile, combine the mango flesh and lemongrass in a high-speed blender, blending until smooth. Strain and discard the solids.
Add the lemongrass-mango puree to the food processor, along with the oil, ginger, jalapeño, curry powder, honey, lime juice and salt to taste. Process until well combined.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the daikon radish, zucchini, bell pepper and cauliflower “noodles.” Add in the mango-curry sauce and the reserved 1/2 portion of toasted pumpkin seeds. Toss well to combine. Garnish with basil and mint leaves and serve.