© Daniela Stallinger
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: makes 5 cups
This fresh, crunchy relish is lovely with any juicy roasted meat.
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large, ripe mangoes (about 1 pound each), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 large seedless cucumber—peeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- In a bowl, mix the lime juice with the vinegar, sugar and a generous pinch of salt. Add the mango, cucumber, jalapeño and basil and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
Make Ahead The relish can be refrigerated overnight. Add the chopped basil just before serving.