- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 dried red chile
- 20 ounce fresh or frozen mango
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until golden, about 6 minutes. Stir in the mustard, coriander, bay and chile and cook until fragrant and mustard seeds begin to pop and crackle, about 3 minutes more.
- Stir in the mango, vinegar, and sugar and bring to a boil. Boil the chutney until thickened, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool to room temperature, season with salt and serve.
The chutney keeps in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.