- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for cooking and serving
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the buttermilk with the eggs and melted butter. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated. Fold in the blueberries; be careful not to crush them or the batter will turn purple.
- Heat a cast-iron griddle or skillet over moderately high heat and brush lightly with butter. Spoon rounded 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the griddle, spreading each out slightly. Cook the pancakes until the bottoms are browned, the tops are slightly set and small bubbles appear, about 3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Serve the pancakes hot off the griddle with butter and maple syrup. Continue making pancakes with the remaining batter.