- Crushed ice
- 2 ounces amber rum
- 1/2 ounce Licor 43 (citrus-and-vanilla-flavored Spanish liqueur)
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce Chai Syrup (see Notes)
- 1/4 ounce orgeat (almond-flavored syrup)
- 1 mint sprig, 1 lime wheel and a pinch of ground cinnamon, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice. Add the rum, Licor 43, lime juice, Chai Syrup and orgeat and shake well. Pour the drink unstrained into a chilled double rocks glass and garnish with the mint sprig, lime wheel and cinnamon.
Chai Syrup In a small saucepan, bring 6 ounces water to a boil. Remove from the heat, add 2 chai tea bags and let steep for 5 minutes. Discard the tea bags. Stir 1/4 cup sugar into the tea until dissolved. Transfer the syrup to a jar and let cool. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 7 ounces.