- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 pounds spareribs, cut into individual ribs
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chili-garlic sauce
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and water with the garlic. Grill the spareribs over a medium-low fire until golden brown, brushing frequently with the garlic mixture and turning occasionally, about 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce with the minced ginger, soy sauce and chili-garlic sauce. Brush the hoisin glaze on the spareribs and grill, turning occasionally, until they're deep mahogany, 9 to 10 minutes longer. Transfer the spareribs to a platter and serve with lots of napkins.