- 1 1/2 ounces blanco sotol, preferably Ocho Cientos
- 1 1/2 ounces Basil-Cucumber Puree (see Note)
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- 1/4 ounce Salers or Suze (bittersweet gentian aperitifs)
- 1 small basil sprig, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the sotol, Basil-Cucumber Puree, lime juice, Simple Syrup and Salers. Fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Strain into a chilled, ice-filled rocks glass and garnish with the basil sprig.
Basil-Cucumber Puree: In a small saucepan, lightly toast 1 teaspoon coriander seeds over low heat until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a blender. Add 1 large peeled and seeded English cucumber and 1/3 cup basil leaves; puree until as smooth as possible. Refrigerate for up to 1 day. Makes about 10 ounces.