- 1 1/2 ounces blended Scotch, preferably Monkey Shoulder
- 3/4 ounce Punt e Mes (spicy, orange-accented sweet vermouth)
- 1/2 ounce Roasted Cocoa Nib Ramazzotti (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon single-malt Islay Scotch, such as Laphroaig 10-year
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- 1 lemon twist, for garnish
How to make this recipe
- In a mixing glass, combine all of the ingredients except the ice and twist. Fill the glass with ice, stir well and strain into a chilled coupe. Pinch the twist over the drink and garnish.
Roasted Cocoa Nib Ramazzotti: In a small skillet, toast 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs over low heat, stirring, until fragrant, 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl with 4 ounces Ramazzotti amaro. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Strain the infused amaro into a jar and refrigerate for up to 1 month. Makes about 4 ounces.