- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Steamed rice, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet until shimmering. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and just beginning to brown, about 7 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic and curry and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the coconut milk and stock and simmer over moderate heat until reduced by one-third and thickened, about 8 minutes. Add the shrimp, season with salt and cayenne and simmer over moderate heat until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the mint and lemon zest and serve in deep bowls over steamed rice.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.