Mâche Salad with Goat Cheese and Fennel-Mustard Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 10 ounces mâche or other baby greens (16 loosely packed cups)
- 1/2 pound fresh goat cheese
- In a small skillet, toast the fennel seeds over moderately high heat until fragrant. Transfer the seeds to a spice grinder and let cool completely; grind to a powder.
- In a large bowl, whisk the ground fennel with the vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and garlic. Whisk in the oil; season with salt and pepper. Add the mâche and toss gently. Scatter the goat cheese on top and serve.
Jim Clendenen's clean and simple mâche salad is perfectly matched by the firm acidity and subtle oak in a full-bodied Chardonnay.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.