Mâche Salad with Curry Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Eric Ripert combines three simple components into a lovely, unexpected salad: mâche, crispy croutons and curry vinaigrette.
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 3 ounces peasant or country bread, torn into 1/2-inch pieces (2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- 2 ounces mâche lettuce (8 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped chives (1/4-inch pieces)
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Whisk in 1/4 teaspoon of the curry powder and add the bread. Toast over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until golden and crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer the croutons to a plate.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil and 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder with the lemon juice; season with salt. Toss gently with the mâche and chives; transfer to plates and top with the croutons.