Macaroni and Cheese
- SERVINGS: 4
Even if you're not feeling nostalgic, you'll find this slightly updated version of an old favorite irresistible. And it's incredibly fast and easy because you don't have to make a sauce or even bake the macaroni.
- 3/4 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- A few dashes of Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the macaroni until just done, about 8 minutes. Drain and return to the hot pot.
- Put the pot over the lowest possible heat and add the butter, cheese, mustard, Tabasco sauce if using, salt, and pepper. Stir until the cheese melts, and serve.
Don't uncork the rare vintage Bordeaux for this one! A simple, straightforward dish needs a wine with the same qualities. Find a Beaujolais-Villages from France or a California wine made from the fruit-filled Gamay or Mourvèdre grape and chill it before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.