Macadamia Nut Crackle
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup roasted, salted macadamia nuts (3 ounces), finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet. In a medium saucepan, bring the sugar, corn syrup and water to a boil, stirring just until the sugar dissolves. Stop stirring and cook over moderately high heat until the syrup turns an amber caramel, about 5 minutes. Stir in the butter and nuts. Add the baking soda and stir just until foamy. Immediately pour the caramel onto the prepared baking sheet. Let cool, then crack into 1/2-inch bits.
Make Ahead Store the crackle in an airtight container for 2 days.