- SERVINGS: MAKES ONE 13-BY-10-INCH SHEET OF BRITTLE
To cool the brittle quickly, place it in the freezer until it hardens.
- 1 1/2 cups macadamia nuts (7 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the nuts on a 13-by-10-inch rimmed baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Transfer the nuts to a plate; let cool and coarsely chop.
- Wipe off the baking sheet and oil it lightly. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, honey and butter, and boil over moderately high heat until a candy thermometer inserted in the syrup registers 290°, about 7 minutes. Stir in the chopped nuts and scrape the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; spread in an even layer. Let cool completely, then break into large pieces.
Make Ahead The brittle can be frozen for 1 week. Serve With Roast Pineapple Splits with Macadamia Brittle