- 3/4 pound Cambozola, chilled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup polenta (about 4 ounces)
- About 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Cut the cheese into 1 1/4-by- 3/4-inch rectangles. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs with the milk. In a food processor, pulse the nuts until coarsely ground. Add the polenta and pulse to a coarse powder. Transfer to a plate. Spread the flour on another plate.
- Lightly dredge the cheese rectangles in flour. Coat with the beaten eggs and then with the polenta-nut crumbs.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Working in batches, fry the cheese rectangles over high heat, turning once, until browned, about 30 seconds per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain and let cool slightly before serving.
The recipe can be prepared through Step 2 and refrigerated for up to 8 hours.