- 2 cups Jack Daniel's (16 ounces)
- 2 lemons, cut into thick slices for garnish
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups water
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar and water and boil over moderately high heat until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes. Let the syrup cool completely.
- In a very large jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the syrup with the lemon juice, Jack Daniel's and pineapple and orange juices. Shake vigorously. Add ice and shake again.
- Fill tall glasses with ice. Strain the lemonade into the glasses, garnish with the lemon slices and serve.
The ingredients can be mixed together and refrigerated overnight.
Cooking Club Tip This recipe is an elegant riff of the classic drink, which is made with 1 part Jack Daniel's, 1 part Triple Sec, 1 part sweet and sour mix, and 4 parts Sprite. To make sweet and sour mix, combine one part heavy sugar syrup (3 parts sugar to 2 parts water) with one part lemon juice.