- SERVINGS: Makes 1 drink
"There are several vanilla syrups on the market," says mixologist Jeff Berry, "but most of them are geared for coffee drinks or desserts." For his Luau Daiquiri, Berry likes Sonoma Syrup Co.'s version (sonomasyrupstore.com) for its "clean, mellifluous taste."
- 2 ounces white rum, preferably dry
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3/4 ounce fresh orange juice
- 1/2 ounce vanilla syrup
- 1 edible orchid or other unscented white flower, for garnish (optional)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add all of the remaining ingredients except the garnish and shake well. Strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with the orchid.