- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
Daniel Orr's delicious version of the Cuban mojito is made with Kentucky bourbon instead of rum.
Plus: Ultimate Cocktail Guide
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 limes, cut into 8 wedges each, plus more wedges for garnish
- 24 mint sprigs, plus more for garnish
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup Rose's lime juice
- 3 cups bourbon
- In a small saucepan, simmer the water and sugar, stirring, until the sugar is dissolved. Transfer the sugar syrup to a bowl and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large pitcher, combine the sugar syrup with the 16 lime wedges and the 24 mint sprigs. Using a wooden spoon, mash everything together. Strain the syrup into a clean pitcher.
- Fill a large cocktail shaker with ice. Add half of the lime-mint syrup, 1/2 cup of Rose's lime juice and 1 1/2 cups of the bourbon and shake vigorously. Fill 4 highball glasses with ice cubes. Strain the limeade into the glasses and add a splash of seltzer to each drink. Garnish with a lime wedge and a mint sprig. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 4 more drinks.