- 2 cups water
- 10 ounces fresh hot red chilies such as; Tabasco, Cayenne or Serrano
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, chiles, onion, garlic and 1 teaspoon salt to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the vegetables are very tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool to warm, then puree in a blender with the vinegar. Season with salt to taste, then place in a pint jar. Refrigerate for at least 3 weeks for optimal flavor.
The hot sauce keeps refrigerated for at least 9 months.