© Tina Rupp
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
B Spot • Woodmere, OH
This iteration of breakfast sandwich—was adapted from his latest cookbook, Michael Symon's Live to Cook.
Top 10 Favorite Burgers
- 8 thick-cut slices of smoky bacon (1/2 pound)
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed ground sirloin and chuck
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 slices of smoked cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 English muffins, toasted
- 1/4 cup pickled cocktail onions, thinly sliced
- Ketchup and mustard, for serving
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Preheat a grill pan. Shape the meat into four 5-inch patties and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat until lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Flip the burgers and top with the smoked cheddar. Cook for about 3 minutes longer for medium-rare meat.
- Meanwhile, in the reserved bacon fat in the skillet, fry the eggs over-easy over moderate heat, about 3 minutes. Set the burgers on the bottoms of the English muffins and top with the pickled onions, bacon and fried eggs. Serve with ketchup and mustard.