- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cumin
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 lamb tender loins (2 pounds each)
- 2 cups plain lowfat yogurt, drained for 30 minutes
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- MAKE THE SAUCE Place oil, cumin, garlic, lime juice, cilantro and black pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a large shallow baking dish, add tenderloins and rub completely with the marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours. Remove from marinade and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Let stand at least 1/2 hour before serving. Serve with the grilled lamb.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.