- Meat from a 1 1/2-pound cooked lobster (1 1/4 cups), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely diced dill pickle
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Eight 2-inch round soft dinner rolls, split
In a medium bowl, mix the lobster with the mayonnaise, crème fraîche, shallot, pickle, celery, tarragon and lemon zest. Season with salt and white pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
Lightly butter the cut side of each roll. Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Toast the rolls in the skillet, cut side down, until lightly golden, about 1 minute. Transfer the rolls to a work surface. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the lobster salad on the bottom half of each roll. Close the sliders and serve.