Lobster Salad with Curried Vinaigrette
- SERVINGS: 2
This refreshing, lightly spicy seafood appetizer is just as good with lump crabmeat or cooked shrimp.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chile powder, such as ancho
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely diced unpeeled European cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango
- 1/2 cup frisée
- 4 Belgian endive spears
- 4 fresh chives
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, curry powder, chile powder and salt. Stir in the cucumber, red pepper and scallions and let the vegetables marinate for 10 minutes.
- Fold the lobster, mango and frisée into the vegetable salad and spoon into 2 martini glasses or goblets or onto 2 small plates. Garnish each salad with 2 endive spears and 2 chives and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.