- Three 1 1/2-pound lobsters
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1 medium cucumberpeeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 hot-dog buns
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Plunge the lobsters in, head first, and cook until bright red all over, about 12 minutes. Transfer the lobsters to a bowl.
- Crack the lobster claws and knuckles and remove the meat. Twist the tails from the bodies and slit the undersides lengthwise with scissors. Remove the meat and discard the black intestinal vein that runs along the tail. Cut the lobster into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and tarragon. Fold in the lobster meat and cucumber and season with Tabasco, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate the lobster salad for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, mix in the scallions. Generously fill each hot-dog bun with lobster salad and serve.
The lobster salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. Stir in the scallions just before serving.
Turn to a classic Northeastern beer. Sparkling lemonade is a lovely nonalcoholic choice.