- SERVINGS: MAKES 6 ROLLS
Cucumber, scallions and tarragon replace the traditional celery and onions for a twist on the classic lobster salad.
- Three 1 1/2-pound lobsters
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced tarragon
- 1 medium cucumberpeeled, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 hot-dog buns
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Plunge the lobsters in, head first, and cook until bright red all over, about 12 minutes. Transfer the lobsters to a bowl.
- Crack the lobster claws and knuckles and remove the meat. Twist the tails from the bodies and slit the undersides lengthwise with scissors. Remove the meat and discard the black intestinal vein that runs along the tail. Cut the lobster into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and tarragon. Fold in the lobster meat and cucumber and season with Tabasco, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate the lobster salad for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, mix in the scallions. Generously fill each hot-dog bun with lobster salad and serve.
Turn to a classic Northeastern beer. Sparkling lemonade is a lovely nonalcoholic choice.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.