- Two 1 1/2-pound live lobsters
- 2 navel oranges
- 1small lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups arugula leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 6 chives, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the lobsters until they turn bright red all over, about 8 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly. Twist off the tails and claws. Crack the claws and remove the meat, keeping it whole. Using kitchen scissors, slit the tail shells lengthwise and remove the black veins; thinly slice the tail meat. Cover and refrigerate the lobster.
- Using a small, sharp knife, peel the oranges and lemon; be sure to remove all of the bitter white pith. Working over a bowl, cut in between the membranes to release the orange and lemon sections into the bowl, then transfer the sections to a plate. Squeeze the juice from the orange and lemon membranes into the bowl, measuring as you go. You should have 2 tablespoons of orange juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Add the olive oil to the citrus juices and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the arugula on 6 salad plates and top with the lobster and the orange and lemon sections. Scatter the chives and parsley over the salads, drizzle with the dressing and serve.
The shelled lobster meat can be refrigerated overnight.