- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted
- 4 ounces crumbled cheddar cheese curds or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup piccalilli or pickle relish
- 2 cups corn chips (3 ounces), preferably Fritos, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley, dill and cilantro
How to make this recipe
In a food processor, puree the mayonnaise with the chipotle until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Cook the hot dogs over moderate heat until lightly browned, 4 minutes. Spread the mayo on the buns and top with the hot dogs, cheese curds, piccalilli, corn chips and herbs; serve.
The chipotle mayonnaise can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.