- 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 small shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups lightly packed mixed herbs, such as chives, parsley, tarragon and dill
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Six 6-ounce heads of Little Gem lettuce or hearts of romaine, dark outer leaves discarded and inner leaves separated (1 1/2 pounds)
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 24 white anchovies (alici or boquerones)
How to make this recipe
In a blender, combine the vinegar with the shallot, mustard, honey and 1 cup of the herbs and puree until nearly smooth. With the machine on, gradually add both oils and puree until very smooth. Scrape the dressing into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
In a large serving bowl, gently toss the lettuce with half of the dressing and 1/2 cup of the herbs. Scatter the radishes, anchovies and the remaining 1/2 cup of herbs on top of the salad and serve, passing the remaining dressing at the table.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 hours.
Pair this dish with a zesty and peppery Austrian Gruner Veltliner.