- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 1 1/2 cups
Liptauer is a paprika-spiced cheese spread from Hungary that's popular at Austrian heurigers (wine taverns). Using high-quality, fresh Hungarian paprika is key.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped drained capers
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, mix all of the ingredients until blended.
Make Ahead The spread can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Serve With Dark bread.