- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound linguine
How to make this recipe
In a mini food processor, pulse the parsley with the basil and garlic until chopped. Add the walnuts, Parmesan cheese and olive oil and process to a paste. Transfer the pesto to a large bowl, stir in the ricotta and season with salt and pepper.
Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Toss the pasta with the pesto and the reserved cooking water, season with salt and pepper and serve.