- 1 pound linguine
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One 6-ounce can Italian tuna packed in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 3/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
- Cook the linguine in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook the garlic in the olive oil over low heat until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta cooking water and the tuna, parsley and crushed red pepper and cook over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pot with the linguine, add the remaining 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water and simmer over high heat, tossing, until the sauce is mostly absorbed, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
One serving Calories 434 kcal, Total Fat 15.3 gm, Saturated Fat 2.2 gm, Protein 16 gm, Carbohydrates 58 gm.
A garlicky sauce, meaty tuna and spicy crushed red pepper all point to a tart but assertive white, such as a Tocai Friulano from Italy, as a perfect flavor foil.