- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 30 littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup bottled clam broth
- 3 ounces sliced Genoa salami, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
How to make this recipe
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the linguine and cook until it is al dente. Drain the linguine.
- Meanwhile, in a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Add the crushed red pepper, clams and wine and bring to a boil. Add the clam broth, cover and cook over moderate heat until the clams open, about 5 minutes.
- Add the linguine, salami and parsley to the clam sauce and toss over low heat until combined. Transfer the linguine to shallow bowls and serve immediately.
Crisp, lemony Pinot Grigio.