- 5 large eggs
- 1 pound linguine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces oil-packed anchovies, drained and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons small capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Put the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over moderate heat, then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes and drain. Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to chill before peeling. Split the eggs and remove the yolks. Reserve the whites for another use. Press the yolks through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the linguine until al dente; reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta cooking water; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the anchovies and garlic and cook over moderately low heat for 3 minutes. Add the yolks, capers and vinegar and cook just until heated through, 1 minute.
Add the linguine to the skillet along with the reserved pasta cooking water, parsley and pepper. Toss well and serve.