- Grated zest from 2 large lemons (about 2 teaspoons)
- Grated zest from 1 orange (about 2 teaspoons)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 pound linguine
How to make this recipe
- In a small glass or stainless-steel bowl, mix together the grated lemon and orange zests, the garlic, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the linguine until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain and toss with the sauce.
o Linguine with Gremolada and Crab: Toss 1/2 pound of lump crabmeat, picked free of any shell, with the linguine and the gremolada.
o Linguine with Gremolada and Shrimp: Add 1/2 pound of peeled uncooked medium shrimp to the pasta during the last 1 minute of cooking time.
o Linguine with Gremolada and Scallops: Season 1/2 pound of sea scallops with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in a large, nonstick frying pan over moderately high heat and cook the scallops for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Top the pasta with the scallops.
The acidity in this dish will pair well with a light, simple white wine. Among the many good choices are Vinho Verde from Portugal and Fendant from Switzerland.